As a marketing manager, you are always looking for ways to improve your traffic and conversions. One way to do this is to analyze your traffic periodically. This will help you understand where your traffic is coming from, what keywords they are using, and how well your website is converting them into customers or clients.
There are several ways to analyze your traffic. You can use Google Analytics, which is a free tool, or you can use a paid service like Clicky. Whichever method you choose, make sure you are looking at your traffic regularly so that you can make changes to improve it.
Throughout this article, we will be detailing and explaining how to measure SEO performance and results, how you measure SEO, how long it takes to see SEO results, and providing an amazing connection to where you can request a free business consultation today!
How To Measure SEO Performance and Results
There are many different ways to measure your website’s SEO performance and its results, and we have detailed 10 of the best options below. Make sure to monitor these suggestions regularly and if you see a negative reading in any of the listed measurements, then you should probably look to make some changes to your website.
- Look at your website’s traffic. This is probably the most important metric to track when you are trying to improve your SEO. Look at how much traffic you are getting from organic search and see if there is a trend over time.
If a B2B company’s website is not getting much traffic, it may mean that the company’s marketing efforts are not working as well as they could be. This could lead to a loss of potential customers and revenue.
Additionally, website traffic can also give insights into how well a company’s products or services are selling. If there is a sudden drop in traffic to a B2B company’s website, it could be an indication that the company’s products are not in demand or that there is negative customer sentiment about the company. In either case, this could lead to a decline in sales and revenue.
Finally, website traffic can also provide information about a company’s competition. If a B2B company notices that its website is getting less traffic than its competitors’ sites, it may need to reassess its marketing strategy or offerings.
- Look at your website’s conversion rate. This is the percentage of visitors who take the desired action on your website, such as filling out a form or making a purchase.
A website’s conversion rate is important for b2b because it helps businesses to track and improve their performance in terms of how many visitors they can convert into leads or customers. By improving their conversion rate, businesses can increase their overall profitability and ROI. Additionally, a high conversion rate can help a business to build trust with its target audience, as it shows that the business can effectively meet its needs.
- Look at your website’s bounce rate. This is the percentage of visitors who leave your website after only viewing one page. A high bounce rate indicates that your website is not providing what visitors are looking for.
- Look at your website’s organic search rankings. This is the position that your website appears in when someone searches for a keyword on a search engine. If you do not appear in the top 10 results, then you need to make some changes to your website.
- Look at your website’s social media engagement. This is the number of likes, shares, and comments that your website’s content is getting on social media.
- Look at your website’s email subscribers. This is the number of people who have subscribed to your website’s email list.
- Look at your website’s backlinks. This is the number of other websites that are linked to your website.
- Look at your website’s page views. This is the number of times that your website’s pages have been viewed.
- Look at your website’s unique visitors. This is the number of people who have visited your website in a given period.
- Look at your website’s search engine visibility. This is the percentage of people who see your website in the search results when they search for a keyword.
Making periodic analyses of your website traffic will help you identify areas that need improvement. If you make the necessary changes, you will see an increase in traffic and conversions, and your website will naturally grow in popularity, which will thus, steadily grow your business over time.
How Do You Measure SEO?
There are several metrics that you can use to measure your SEO progress. The most important metric is traffic. You need to track how much traffic you are getting from organic search and see if there is a trend over time. If you do not see an increase in organic traffic, then you need to make some changes to your website.
Other important metrics to track include conversion rate, bounce rate, organic search rankings, social media engagement, email subscribers, backlinks, and pageviews. Making periodic analyses of these metrics will help you identify areas that need improvement. If you make the necessary changes, you will see an increase in traffic and conversions.
How Long Does It Take to See SEO Results?
The time it takes to see SEO results depends on several factors, including the age of your website, the competitiveness of your industry, and the changes that you make to your website. In general, it takes three to six months to see significant SEO results. However, if you make major changes to your website, you may see results sooner.
There are a few key reasons why it’s important to stay proactive about your SEO results. First, the landscape of SEO is always changing, so what worked last year might not work this year. Second, your competition is always trying to outrank you, so if you’re not proactive about your SEO, they will eventually overtake you. Finally, if you want to maintain and improve your SEO results, you need to continually invest time and energy in it. If you let your SEO efforts lapse, your results will suffer. So it’s important to stay proactive about your SEO to keep your website ranking high in the search engines.
Request a FREE business consultation!
GoingClear is a world-class in-house team of designers, developers, marketers, and strategists located in Boston, MA. They are experts when it comes to all things SEO and how to grow your website and online business, so give them a call today for a free consultation!