B2B SEO brings leads right to your inbox. It connects customers’ and businesses’ organic search and is the best way to drive targeted visitors to your website. Simply put, they are looking for your business online and they find you by searching on Google and Bing. The more you can show up in their search results when they are looking for an answer or solution, the better chance you have of making the sale.
Is SEO Important for B2B?
SEO strategies are used by companies of all sizes because they’re effective and necessary.
Best practices for B2B websites
- The better your content, the more leads will contact you by phone and email. The keywords you choose to target will play a big part in your lead generation results. This means that if you have poor content, no one will find it, or if they do find it, they won’t know anything about your company or industry so you will not get leads.
- Your content must be better than your competition’s content, on par with your competitors, and at least just as good as your peers! You need to do extensive competitive research so you can see what keywords they are targeting now and the topics/copy they have now. Copy is extremely powerful when it comes to your B2B website.
- Be on the lookout for new keywords/topics that your competitors are currently targeting or will be targeted soon. If you do not understand what I mean by this, please contact us so we can tell you more about our SEO research services!
- Don’t forget to optimize your site with social media. Organic Facebook, Twitter, and other social media posts will help you get found to a larger audience. You can also use paid advertising on these platforms to increase your exposure which could lead to increased sales.
- Be sure that your company name, industry keywords, and location are present throughout all the copies on your website.
- Be sure to optimize your website for mobile traffic! This is very important because most customers are searching on their mobile devices now. If they cannot find you on Google or Bing, chances are they will shop around some more until they can connect with a business that can help them.
How to Find a B2B SEO Company
Finding the right B2B SEO company involves knowing your business and your customers. Working with one that has experience in your market means you can trust their product. Your website is your biggest investment when it comes to advertising your business; therefore, you want someone who understands this. Integrating new strategies and proven methods will all the right tools provides value to you and your customers and helps to elevate your brand. One that has experience in other sectors and verticals can also be ideal for long-term strategy and brand development.
Website Audit Tools for SEO
A website audit tool helps look at the overall performance of your website and will break down its smaller parts for an accurate look at how well it can deliver the results you need.
These tools allow you to go back and look at traffic, design, user experience, content quality, and other important insights. Doing so will help you determine the weak points of your site to make it better in terms of functionality and overall online presence.
- Analytics Audit Tool: this is a Google Analytics auditing tool that can help you quickly access a lot of information about your website. You will be able to see insights about traffic, bounce rate, and much more under one roof.
- BuiltWith: Find out what technology powers your competitors: One thing to keep in mind is that you should look at the big picture when it comes to auditing a website as well as checking out your competition. Fortunately, BuiltWith can help you do just that. It can provide insights about the technology behind any website, so you know which tools they are using and how to match them for your website.
- MozBar: one of the most powerful tools in your arsenal is the MozBar plugin for Firefox or Chrome. This tool can help you identify important keywords that your competitors are targeting on search engines. It also allows you to see which pages are ranking for these phrases, how many backlinks they have, and more.
- Website Grader by HubSpot: it is one of the most comprehensive tools out there that will help you evaluate almost everything about your website. You will be able to see things like traffic, mobile site speed, social shares, and other important insights that can help you identify areas for improvement.
- SEO SiteCheckup: is a simple website audit tool that instantaneously offers actionable results for your site. It can give you an accurate picture of how well your site performs at search engines for different keywords, the overall health of your website, and more.
Types of B2B Business Websites
Corporate: This type of business uses the site to represent who they are and what they do. It can be a very simple website with few pages or a more complex website that offers several different services.
Industry Specific: A B2B industry-specific web design tends towards simplicity in its approach. The goal is not to promote the business itself, but to show off the user’s core competencies and provide contact information.
Vertical Market: This type of website is usually very simple. It highlights services that are offered by the company and features a map on its home page to easily find its location.
Personal Service: Personal service websites tend towards simplicity and minimalism. A clean and open design makes customers feel more comfortable and the site easier to navigate.
Are you ready to start your journey learning about all the must-know information for SEO tools for your business? Learn more about the best strategies with our free SEO Report Card.