What is Digital Presence? How to Expand and Improve Your B2B Ranking
Digital presence is the foundation of business success. It’s becoming more and more difficult for companies to attract relevant site visitors without effective digital marketing efforts like SEO, PPC advertising, social media marketing (SMM), etc. That’s why B2B online marketers pay much attention to their website optimization strategy in terms of promoting brand awareness, improving conversion rates, and reducing business expenses.
According to a survey, more than half of all digital marketing budget will be allocated to web and mobile advertising. That’s why it is crucial for B2B companies to manage their online presence properly to improve brand awareness, website conversion rates and reduce business expenses.
In terms of reaching business audience, it is important to invest in creating a comprehensive digital presence on multiple channels.
While it’s a must for B2B companies to have a strong online presence, you should be aware of how it can affect your business success. For instance, having an impressive website design with no significant content won’t help your company grow and improve visibility. So, keep in mind that even though there are many benefits from digital marketing, not all B2B sites can grow their business successfully.
Expanding your company website becomes one of the most effective ways to increase brand awareness. Also, it will improve your brand’s perception and encourage the right customers to come to you. With so many options for digital marketing, it is difficult to choose which technique will be the best fit for your B2B site. Here are some benefits of having an online presence.
Online Marketing for B2B
- Brand Awareness: When you have a strong digital presence, it is much easier to reach your target audience and keep up with the latest trends in business. For example, if your B2B company doesn’t have a blog or website, it can be difficult for people to find out about your brand’s value proposition. Besides that, it will be much harder for businesses to attract new customers who use mobile devices.
- Conversion Rate: The digital presence is a great strategy for turning visitors into loyal buyers and improving the conversion rate of your B2B website. While creating social media accounts or blog can drive more traffic to your site, it takes producing valuable content to build leads and increase sales conversions.
- Business Expenses: The ROI from digital marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways for B2B companies to improve their brand awareness, website conversion rates and business performance metrics. For example, if you produce a great content campaign with an effective SEO strategy, it will be much cheaper to promote your brand on all social channels, Google AdWords, and SEO. This will not only help you improve your B2B rankings but also drive more traffic to your business site from search engines.
- Reputation Management: Digital presence is a powerful way for B2B companies to build trust among their target audience and increase the level of trustworthiness. Besides that, it is the best way to correct a negative online reputation and make sure your brand doesn’t have any bad reviews or ratings.
A strong digital presence requires investing in many areas of marketing strategy. While there are several benefits from expanding your B2B business site, you need to spend enough time and resources on improving your digital presence. For example, if you are planning to create a blog or start doing social media marketing, it is crucial to have time and budget for promoting brand awareness through SMM and content campaigns.
Besides that, other areas of online presence should be covered by your business website including SEO, PPC paid advertising campaigns, and offline communication with clients.
To create a successful digital presence, you should have time and budget for growing your site traffic, promoting brand awareness among the target audience, and improving website conversions. In this case, it is important to know the areas of online marketing in which you need to invest to improve visibility and increase leads from organic search results.
Be sure to be on top of all the potential digital representations of your business!
- Social Media sites: If possible, have your handle registered on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. While people differ on the frequency to post, consider upping your strategy on one network with at least daily posts.
- Directory Listings: Be sure that your company’s directory listing is verified on all directory sites. Update with your contact information and business hours so you can be in control of the face that your company puts forward.
- Mobile sites: Having a mobile-ready website is more important than ever. Sixty percent of people visit a site from their phones and Google recently announced that–starting in July 2018–they will be tweaking their search algorithm to favor mobile-friendly websites.
- Blogging: You could start a blog on your business website or have a separate blog (like the one you’re reading!) Have a plan to keep it updated with at least weekly posts.
You can find many great articles and books on digital marketing written by SEO and PPC experts. These areas of online presence develop your brand awareness and increase website traffic to improve conversions and build up valuable digital assets for the future.
- Online reviews: Take control of your online reviews on Facebook, Google, and Yelp. Be sure to thoroughly scan them, clean them up, and eliminate any spam or advertisers. Encourage customers to leave reviews and maybe even offer them an incentive.
- Responsive design: While this isn’t technically a marketing strategy, it is important to have a mobile-friendly website. If your site doesn’t load properly on a mobile device, you risk losing customers who are doing searches from their phone or tablet!
Ready to get started on your new SEO strategy? Let our team assist you with a free SEO audit today! Get in touch with our team at GoingClear!